If you are a small, tax deductible, not-for-profit agency doing a terrific job in helping those in need here in Australia or overseas, then it is really easy to apply for a small grant from Universal Charitable Fund (UCF).
Grants are typically up to $2,000 AUD in value and all that is required for you to apply is to download and complete the application form (below) and send it to us by post or email (preferred). The UCF Directors meet on a regular basis to consider applications.
We are delighted you have found us and look forward to receiving your application!
***** UCF does NOT accept overseas applications. *****
So that you are clear about the requirements, we have provided three (3) documents at the bottom of this page that you should download and read before filling in the Grant Application.
GRANT GUIDELINES – Please DOWNLOAD and read CAREFULLY before you apply for a grant
Universal Charitable Fund (UCF) is a non-profit Public Ancillary Fund (DGR2) and as such is constrained by law to distribute grants to Australian registered charitable organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient status (known as DGR1) and tax deductibility.
Briefly what this means to you:
- We cannot make grants to individuals (even if you are raising money for a good cause)
- Applications must be from the organisation to which the grant will be awarded
- The applying organisation MUST be registered with the ACNC
- We do not make donations to general funds. We do not fund printing, advocacy, start-ups, welfare or marketing
- The applying organisation MUST have Deductible Gift Recipient status, commonly known as DGR1 and tax deductibility
- Typically, the organisations we award grants have an income of less than $1 million
- DGR status is not the same as having Income Tax Exemption. If you are in any doubt please enter your organisation’s ABN at http://abr.business.gov.au/Index.aspx – at the bottom of the information will be stated whether or not your organisation has DGR status
- We check your ABN record, ACNC record and website
- If you are in any doubt about your application, email or ring for clarification before you fill in the application
Australian applicants only – funds may be expended on overseas projects if your organisation has an Australian registered office, or already has an auspice arrangement (project account) with an Australian organisation (such as RAWCS, GDG or ACC International Relief). If in doubt please phone or email us as to whether an application might be considered by UCF.
CLOSING DATES HAVE CHANGED
Due to Christmas breaks and some internal changes, no further grants will be made before March 2020.
You may still send in a grant application over this period if you wish, just be aware it will not be assessed by UCF directors before their March board meeting.
Grant applications close at 5pm on Friday 21 February 2020 for the March assessment.
We have made available (with permission) a copy of a near perfect application so that you can see how well this met our requirements for an application – it was succinct, easy to read and contained past and future measurable outcomes.
YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Please fill this in using the sample application and Grant Guidelines to inform your own application.
Please email your application to the Executive Officer at the email address contained in the Grant Guidelines.
If you have any queries please contact us by email or ring on 0404 211 330 before doing your application.
Australian applicants only UCF-grant-application-form-jul2019 (click to download Word document)
Grant Guidelines GRANT GUIDELINES-oct2019
Sample application UCF-SAMPLE-applic-2017
That’s it – Good luck!